By Tim James
Organic minerals are minerals that have been absorbed through the root system and/or foliage of a plant. They are foundational elements for our bodies like water and air, and without them we grow weak, tired and hungry. In-organic minerals are like teeny- tiny rocks and they can be found in most mineral waters and chemical supplements which create hardening of the arteries along with kidney and gall stones. A good rule of thumb is: Always consume ORGANIC MINERALS that are found in plants if you do not want to be malnourished like over half of the worlds population!
The chronic hunger most people feel on a daily basis starts with mineral deficiencies and then is further complicated by blood sugar swinging up and down from over eating foods that have been chemicalized, processed, and cooked at high temperatures. Organic minerals change chemistry and hormones in the body which blocks hunger and helps us cut back on addictive foods like sugar, salt, and fats. Organic minerals are also alkaline which is very important since most of us are eating and living a very acidic lifestyle.
So far I have found three ways people can make sure minerals are in the foods they are eating:
1. Find farmers who use proper planting practices where they rest the soil from time to time and plant cover crops such as alfalfa to allow the tap roots to go deep into the soil and pull minerals up to the topsoil.
2. Find farmers who use “Rock Dust” to re-mineralize their soils. You can also do this at home in your garden.
3. Find farmers who use OceanSolutions “Ionic Ocean Minerals” on their soils. You can also do this at home in your garden or when growing your own wheatgrass & sprouts.
I encourage you to get back to basics, get back to the fundamentals of a healthy body:
1. Breathe deeply and often and crack your window in your bedroom at night while sleeping.
2. Drink half of your body weight in ounces of pure water daily. Stay hydrated!
3. Consume the freshest foods possible and make sure you know that the food going in your mouth is full of organic minerals.
Practice these three health fundamentals and get ready for some exciting changes in your body and more importantly your relationship with food. Being in control of food rather than food controlling you is a great place to be and minerals will help you get there! Consuming mineral rich, alkaline foods is the only way we can restore and maintain our health and the health of our wonderful planet we call home.